Main scale teacher
Salary Details: Main scale
Appointment type: Temporary Fixed term
Hours: Full time
Location: Ferham Primary School.
Organisation: Rotherham Borough Council.
Directorate: Children’s and Young Peoples’ Services.
This is a temporary post for 1 year, with the possibility of being made permanent. Required for September 2015. This post would be suitable for an NQT.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, excellent teacher to join our friendly and dedicated team.
We are a good school (Ofsted May 2015). We are a culturally diverse school where inclusion is at the heart of all we do. Pupils from all backgrounds and of all abilities are welcomed into our school. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all pupils. We believe in giving our children a wide range of experiences so that learning is more meaningful and children enjoy coming to our school. Our pupils’ learning experiences across a range of subjects are varied and memorable. These are enhanced through related visits and visitors.
- Be an exceptional practitioner with a passion for teaching and learning
- Be committed to the highest standards of learning, teaching, planning and assessment for learning
- Use a range of classroom management skills in order to maintain an effective learning environment
- Be effective in liaison and communication, with good inter-personal skills
We can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a good school with dedicated and committed staff.
- A friendly and welcoming place where pupils behave well, are attentive in lessons and are keen to learn.
- A vibrant multicultural community where pupils show respect for their teachers and classmates. They listen well and learn from each other through successful collaboration with learning partners.
- A very positive climate for learning throughout the school as a result of the string relationships between pupils and adults.
- Positive and supportive opportunities for professional development
Informal visits to the school are welcome. Please telephone the school to arrange an appointment.
Further details and application forms can be obtained from, and should be returned to: Ferham Primary School, Ferham Road, Rotherham, S61 1AP (telephone 01709 740962)
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.direct.gov.uk
Rotherham Borough Metropolitan Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Closing Date: Monday 6 July 2015 at 12 noon
Provisional interview date: Friday 10 July 2015